Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Reason for This Blog


This blog is meant to be a way for me to stay motivated and committed to my goal of getting fit. I plan to document everything I try, the results, the hurdles, the successes, the failures... everything. Hopefully, it will be something that goes beyond a simple record and becomes a source of inspiration to others who are struggling to get fit while juggling many responsibilities.

Here is my fitness story (or lack of it).

I was never really fit. I wasn't much of a sportsperson in school, never did much physical activity. After college, I did run for a while, but nothing major.

Fast forward a decade.

I am now past 35. I've been working on computers for the past 10 years. I've gained a lot of weight, most of it fat. I've lost a lot of flexibility. I work 8-10 hours a day. I have a family. I have very little time.

About two years ago, I found myself on assignment out of the country. With my family safely at home, I found myself with plenty of time on my hands and managed to complete a 10-week beginner's calisthenics program. The change I noticed in that 10-week period was eye-opening. I didn't get a six pack, but I was definitely stronger and much much fitter.

Sadly, I didn't stick to the regimen once I got back home. Now I'm almost back to where I was before I started working out.

Now I can't go to a gym because I do not have the time nor can I justify the cost. Therefore I have decided that the best way for me to go is a blend of these three things that I can do at home (or near it):

  1. Calisthenics
  2. Running
  3. Stretching
This way I will spend less time travelling, and since my kids can also hang out with me while I work out at home, I get to spend more time with them too.

Let the journey begin!



No comments:

Post a Comment